Denim is a must have item in everyone’s closet, they are the go to item when every other outfit fails or you just simply don’t want to put one together. Throw on a pair of jeans and a cute top and you are all set.
The problem for a lot of women is finding the right pair for their body type, denim is a very tricky item. So here is what I believe are the best types of jeans for the different body types:
Full Hips and Thighs
- The best styles for this body type are jeans that have flare. These will accommodate you curves and the flare at the bottom will balance out the proportions. Go for styles that start flaring at the knee.
- Try on one’s that have a dark wash this will hide any unwanted bumps, keep it very simple that way you’re not attracting any unwanted attention to your area of concern.
- DON’T go for the styles that are washed and have lines right across the hips, this will make you look wider. Try one that has faded wash from the thighs down.
- Jeans that are extra high rise are for you; they will not cut you at the tummy and define your waistline even more. (A plus for you, they are in right now!)
- If you want something a little different go for the cropped jeans, go for one’s that hit right at the ankle.
- Boot cut is the right style for this body type; the straight line compliments your body. Go for jeans that have a little spandex in them.
- Go for ones that have a fade around the knees so it will accentuate the narrowest part of this body type.
- Try one’s that hug the hips or any that hug any contours, this will show off some curves you never thought were there.
- Choose one’s which sit bellow the belly button a thick waistband will expose your natural silhouette.
- Try jeans which are cropped and are low rise, the low rise will make your torso appear longer.
- Another option is jeans which are a bit longer, roll up the hem and since it’s the same color it won’t interrupt the line of the jean making you appear taller.
So go out there and follow these rules, don’t take them to heart though. If you try a pair and think you look fabulous in them, buy them! The best accessory anyone can wear is confidence.