Summer is on its way, and the evenings are getting longer. Without the hassle of dealing with cold or foul weather, more people’s thoughts turn to spending time with friends or with someone special having an enjoyable dinner out. If you’re a frequent traveler, you may be interested in GQ’s list of the 12 best restaurants in the United States. Book early, and you could be in for an unforgettable meal. Here are GQ’s top 12, in countdown form:
12. La Vara, Brooklyn, NY, Spanish Cuisine
11. The Ordinary, Charleston, SC, Seafood
10. St. Anselm, Brooklyn, NY, Steakhouse
9. Bäco Mercat, Los Angeles, CA, Mediterranean Fusion Cuisine
8. Central Kitchen, San Francisco, CA, California Cuisine
7. Oxheart, Houston, TX, Seafood and Vegetables
6. West Bridge, Cambridge, MA, French Cuisine
5. Uchi, Houston, TX, Sushi
4. Cúrate, Asheville, NC, Spanish Cuisine
3. Vedge, Philadelphia, PA, Vegan Cuisine
2. Hog & Hominy, Memphis, TN, Southern / Italian Fusion
1. Little Serow, Washington, DC, Thai Cuisine
When you’re hitting the town for a special night out, you want to be sure and look your best. While few restaurants today require a jacket and tie, you should still make an effort to look good..
Dressing for Dinner Out: Men
For guys, choose slacks that you would wear to the office, a well-fitted dress shirt, perhaps with a solid color skinny tie, and polished shoes. You want to look laid back, but like you made an effort – something that Johnny Depp seems to do 24/7. The sun stays up late in the summer, so wear a classic, but not clichéd pair of shades, like this pair from the Ray Ban Tech Series in gunmetal. These shades will get you from one end of summer to the other in style.
Dressing for Dinner Out: Women
Try a dress that’s flirtier than what you’d wear to work. You can get away with a lower neckline, or a halter neckline, like the beautiful top Bipasha Basu is wearing here. Your hair doesn’t have to be all-business either. A pair of gradient lens sunglasses protects your eyes beautifully while the sun is sinking toward the horizon. The Ralph Lauren RA5128 has a sleek black frame with purple detailing, and gray gradient lenses that don’t completely hide your eyes.
What about you? What do you like to wear on a summertime dinner date?